Skip to Content
Medical City Healthcare


If you've been unable to conceive a child within 12 months of actively trying, reproductive endocrinologists may be able to help. To find the source of infertility, endocrinologists check hormonal function and imbalances in men and women. They may order services for you, such as medications, medical procedures or other therapies to aid conception.

Infertility testing and treatments in North Texas

The reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialists at Medical City Healthcare are dedicated to helping you start a family.

They work with you and your OB/GYN or primary care doctor to ensure an accurate diagnosis and to help you understand and treat infertility on your journey to conception.

Infertility testing and diagnosis

To test and diagnose infertility in women, fertility specialists may check your ovarian reserve (number of eggs) and look at other conditions—such as endometriosis and obesity—which impact fertility. Testing methods include:

  • Lab work to test for hormone irregularities
  • Pelvic ultrasound imaging to determine your ovulation cycle and overall pelvic and uterine health
  • X-rays to see blockages in the fallopian tubes or uterus
  • Transvaginal scanning (placed in the vagina) to identify growths, tumors and other disorders in the bladder
  • Outpatient laparoscopy to look for complications such as endometriosis or pelvic scarring

When to see an infertility/fertility specialist

Being unable to conceive quickly or with ease is not uncommon. As many as one in 10 couples fail to conceive within six to 12 months of trying, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. However, you may want to make an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist (fertility specialist) if you are:

  • Younger than 35 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for a year or longer OR
  • Older than 35 years old and have been trying for six months or longer

You may also want to see a fertility specialist if you think that you might have "secondary infertility." This condition may be present if you have already given birth and are:

  • Younger than 35 years old and unable to conceive after a year or more of trying OR
  • Older than 35 years old and unable to conceive after six months or more of trying

Age and infertility

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a woman's ability to conceive begins to decrease at approximately 30 years old. Because of this, and because pregnancies during this time can be high risk for mom and baby alike, this is something you may want to discuss in depth with your fertility specialist.

Infertility treatments

A specialist will also be able to advise you on your treatment options and their associated risks. Some common infertility treatments include:

  • Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
When you can't get pregnant, it can seem like everyone else can—but you're not alone. Find a Medical City Healthcare fertility specialist.
Showing 2 Videos

Can coffee affect your ability to conceive?

Looking for a location?

We also offer quality care at these other locations in our extended network.
View All Specialty Locations

Our Locations

We didn't find any facilities that matched your search

Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.